Pesticides Action Network Europe (PAN EU)
Formed in 1983, PAN Europe is a network of European non-governmental organisations (NGOs) promoting sustainable alternatives to pesticides. A major focus of PAN Europe’s work involves initiating Europe-wide measures to facilitate a broad-based reduction in pesticide use. PAN Europe’s activities include:
- Supporting national pesticide reduction programmes,
- Promoting targets for organic and sustainable agriculture,
- Tackling insufficiencies of the EU pesticide approval system,
- Publishing a quarterly PAN Europe newsletter,
- Facilitating an email network on European pesticides issues,
- Arranging an annual PAN Europe conference.
- PAN Europe is facilitated by PAN Germany and PAN UK. These organisations also represent PAN Europe in the international PAN.