PAN International has grown exponentially from its initial founding in 1982, and has achieved much from its initial humble beginnings. PAN International work is guided by five common strategic objectives, which were collectively developed by representatives from all regions. These are to:
- Protect health and the environment by eliminating highly hazardous pesticides from the market and replacing them with sustainable solutions.
- Resist development and stop the introduction and use of genetic engineering into agricultural production systems.
- Promote empowerment of grassroots movements and citizens to fight agrochemical and seed corporations and challenge corporate globalization.
- Increase public investment, development, adoption and implementation of non-chemical alternative pest management systems.
- Develop further PAN International structures.